Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another one remembered

I guess I haven't been a total slacker about reading--just about recording.

Red Letter Christians by TonyCampolo. This came as a result of attending the New Baptist Celebration in Atlanta in February. Campolo spoke and of course, his book was available. I bit, I mean bought, and got him to autograph my book. The title comes from trying to live the Christian life and respond to the issues of the day based on the actual words of Jesus Christ, as often printed in red. It was a good reminder that the so-called Christian right has cornered the market on the Christian response to such issues. Sometimes Campolo's suggestions were simplistic or unrealistic, but it was thought provoking and provided another perspective on poverty, the Iraq war, and many other issues of the day.

No comments: