Friday, July 18, 2008

Another to add to the list

Eats, Shoots and Leaves, by Lynn Truss. I've had this book for years. I think I bought it when Alex was still in high school. Well, everything in due time.

It was okay. Quick. I recall the reviews describing this book as entertaining for a book on punctuation. I did learn some things about apostrophes; confirmed my basic knowledge on commas; and laughed a bit at some of the cute-isms in the book. I'm fully prepared to speak the King's English should I ever need to discuss the proper use of a period--oops, I mean a full stop, and it was a good refresher course on "inverted commas" bkn quotation marks on this side of the pond.

And I'm ready should "?!" ever be the clue on Jeopardy! (What is an interobang?)

Now to finish The Brain That Changes Itself (reading) and Prisoner of Birth (listening to on iPod).

No comments: